In India, the study of astrology or Jyotishshastra can be traced to the Vedic times. Glimpses of astrological traditions are visible in the Atharva-Veda, one among the most sacred texts of India. Ancient Indian Vedic Astrology in India, more popularly known as Jyotish, relies more on the sidereal (according to the stars) positions of the planets, just as one sees them in the sky, against the positions assigned to few relatively fixed stars. This ancient system of Indian Vedic Astrology is thus quite scientific in nature, and employs many mathematical calculations to arrive at astute astrological predictions and prophecies.
According to the Indian Vedic Astrology in India, all celestial bodies, be it the sun,the moon,, the planets or stars, influence the terrestrial phenomena, or indicate such phenomena by their various configurations. The configuration of the planets and stars at the moment of birth determine one’s basic life story inclinations, characteristics, strengths, weaknesses. Horoscope, or the natal chart, is therefore the construction of the basic placement of planets at the time of birth.
Medical Astrology – The Planet and its Related Disease
Medical Astrology is a part of celestial science which mainly includes the influences of Constellations, zodiac signs and Planets. Body parts are being influenced by the Nakshatras.
The Planetary positions at birth clearly indicate the nature of the disease one would suffer from, when and how they would affect us and how best to alleviate them.
The seven planets, i.e, the Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Saturn possess dominion over the different organs of the human body parts, their peculiarities and constitution. Each planet also rules certain anatomical structures and certain diseases also.
Following are the details of the planets, different organs of the body and related anatomical structures and its related diseases:
Sun is the parent body of the Solar System.The Sun rules over the zodiac sign Leo. The organs of the human body governed by the Sun are Bile, heart, brain, head, eyes and bones. The anatomical structures governed by the Sun are Cerebellum, blood, lungs, stomach, breast, Ovaries, seminal vesicles. The diseases related to the Sun are heart diseases, appendicitis, fistula and inflammatory complaints.
Moon is the feminine planet which is cold, moist, phlegmatic, watery and nocturnal. The Moon rules over the zodiac sign Cancer. The organs of the human body governed by the Moon are Breast, saliva, womb, water, blood and lymphatic and glandular system. The anatomical structures governed by the Moon are Pericardium, veins, lymphatic vessels, intestinal functions, eyes, alimentary canal and membrane. The diseases related to the Moon are genital and urinary derangement, testicles, wind and colic, bronchial catarrh, dropsy, tumours, insanity and defective eyesight.
Mars is a hot, dry, fiery violent planet also known as a bloody planet. .The Moon rules over the zodiac sign Aries and Scorpio. The organs of the human body governed by the Mars are Bile, ears, nose, forehead, sinews, fibre and muscular tissues. The anatomical structures governed by the Mars are muscular tissues, cerebral hemisphere. The diseases related to the Mars are inflammation of the lungs, homeostasis, hemorrhage from the lungs, spitting of blood, consumption, hypertrophy, typhoid and fever, infectious and contagious diseases.
Mercury is the chief ruler of the nerve forces and mental faculties of the mankind. Mercury rules over the zodiac sign Gemini and Virgo. The organs of the human body governed by the Mercury are abdomen, tongue, lungs, bowels, nerve centres, bile and muscular tissues. The anatomical structures governed by the Mercury are nerves breath, air cells, sense, perception, hair and mouth. The diseases related to the Mercury are nasal disorders, impediments of speech, brain and nervous disorders, asthma, bronchitis, delirium, neurasthenia, headaches, neuralgia, palpitation, worms, genital-urinary troubles.
Jupiter is a hot, sanguine, airy, social and author of temperance, justice and moderation. Jupiter rules over the zodiac sign Sagittarius and Pisces. The organs of the human body governed by Jupiter are phlegm, blood, thighs, kidneys, flesh, fat and arterial system. The anatomical structures governed by Jupiter are arteries, veins, auricle and ventricle, the pleura and ears. The diseases related to Jupiter are apoplexy, pleurisy, degeneration, piles, tumours and diabetes.
Venus is the star of destiny and is one of the most dominating planets in the horoscope. Venus rules over the zodiac sign Taurus and Libra. The organs of the human body governed by Venus are ovaries, eyes, generative system, water and phlegm. The anatomical structures governed by Venus are kidneys, aorta, flesh, marrow, skin, cheeks and complexion. The diseases related to Venus are suppression of urine, discharge from eyes, cutaneous eruptions, throat diseases, digestive troubles and venereal complaints.
Saturn is the most distant planet from the Sun which signifies prudence and caution. Saturn rules over the zodiac sign Capricorn and Aquarius. The organs of the human body governed by Saturn are feet, wind, acids, knees, marrow and secretive system. The anatomical structures governed by Saturn are spleen, upper stomach, endo-cardium, ribs, bones, hair, nails, cold and catarrah. The diseases related to Saturn are incidental to exposure, rheumatism, consumption, bronchitis, asthma, gout, constipation and bright disease. Diseases and illnesses can be determined by the study of medical astrology. The analysis of the duration and severity of the condition can be determined through the analysis of the position of nakshatras as well. This helps determining the recovery period and duration of the disease.
- If the sickness begins in the Bharani Nakshatra, the illness doesn’t stay for more than a couple of days. The native may also have to face near to death experience during this time if the illness doesn’t settles down in a day or two. The native is advised to take utmost care of his health during this time.
- Native suffering from illness began in the Ashwini nakshatra can take anywhere from a week to 2 months to recover The native is advised to take good care of his health.
- Illness beginning in the Krittika nakshatra can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to heal. The native is advised to perform remedies to pacify the ill-effects of nakshatra during this period.
- If the native gets sick in the Rohini nakshatra, it might take him more than a week to recover. The native is able to fight the illness and get back to his normal health in a short time only. He doesn’t have to suffer from many complications.
- Similarly, if the native gets ill in the Ardra nakshatra he takes a month’s time to recover from his illness. Such a person may have to face some health complications as well. The native should take good care of his health and consult a good doctor from time to time.
- Natives getting ill during Punarvasu nakshatra are able to get over with their illness soon. Such people don’t have to face much health complications in this nakshatra period.
- Illness beginning in the Pushya nakshatra doesn’t stay for long as well. The native is able to get the health benefits early. He doesn’t have to go through many problems and health related issues.
- Illness diagnosed in the Ashlesha nakshatra can be quite problematic for the native. The illness can take quite a long time to settle down and recover.
- Illness beginning in the Magha nakshatra can give near to death experience as well. The native will have to face to a lot of health complications during this time. He might also get affected with various other allergies or diseases.
- A disease can take a week to settle down if started in the Purvaphalguni nakshatra. But if the native is diagnosed with some serious disease, he may have to face near to death experience.